Design de Plume Inc. is looking for a junior/intermediate WordPress developer to join our team. Emphasis will be on front-end development, but experience with back-end is an asset.
Our ideal team member has experience developing code for both WordPress themes and plugins. They are adept at estimating project timelines, budgets, and adhering to predefined scheduling. They are also able to contribute ideas and solutions on collaborative projects, working both independently and as part of a larger team.
Hourly Rate: Commensurate with experience
Hours per week: 35 hours – Monday to Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm
Number of Weeks: 52 (1 year contract with potential for permanent employment)
- Work as part of the Web Team to implement and support consumer-facing web applications.
- Develop styles, UX, front-end and back-end for web applications.
- Convert raw images and layouts from a graphic designer into HTML/CMS themes.
Provide daily maintenance of existing websites and applications as well as ongoing support for clients.
- Customize CMS websites and plugins to meet specified design criteria and functionalities.
- Setup hosting environments, databases, domains, emails, on Windows (IIS) and Linux-based (Apache, NGINX) servers.
- Convert website layouts into responsive designs for multiple platforms.
- Determine appropriate architecture, provide technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations to the designers during concept, building, and testing phases.
Produce accurate estimates during the planning process, including expertise required, total number of development hours required, etc.
Work with our designers to optimize and refine graphic designs for websites to increase website performance.
Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
Develop innovative, reusable Web-based tools for current or future projects.
- BSc. in Computing Science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience.
- Familiar with WordPress and WordPress plugin development.
- Must excel in HTML5, CSS.
- Experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL and MSSQL.
- Experience developing and implementing open source software projects.
- Strong organization skills to manage multiple projects and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of clients’ timelines and budgets.
- Experience with design and/or animation for interactive media.
- Experience with server operation and maintenance.
Some experience with Adobe’s Creative Cloud software (Photoshop, Adobe XD, etc.).
- Some experience in mobile app development.
- Some experience with search engine optimization (SEO).
Indigenous cultural knowledge and sensitivity considered an asset.
French basic spoken and written skills considered an asset.
Perks of Working at Design de Plume:
- Benefits Package (after 1 year)
- Group RRSP (after 1 year)
- Flexible Hours
- National Indigenous Peoples Day as a paid holiday and an extra week of holidays In December
- Continuous Professional Learning & Development
- Pet-friendly Environment