Founded in 2009 by three women, we’ve since evolved into an international design firm with expertise on everything from accessibility to culturally informed projects.
We also know firsthand the communication challenges Indigenous communities face and how you can use design to make your message relevant, authentic, and informed.
Design de Plume?
We took the familiar French expression for pen name (nom de plume) and gave it a design twist. Our name is a nod to our bilingual heritage, while the word plume (feather) recognizes our Indigenous ancestry.
A braided partnership
Like braided sweetgrass, our leadership team is three individual women who have come together to make each other stronger. This creates a balanced skillset of thought leadership, strategy, and creative direction, interwoven with our Indigenous, francophone, and queer backgrounds.
Unique in our own ways and stronger together.
Partner & Thought Leader
Meggan Van Harten
Partner & Strategic Leader
Partner & Creative Leader
Digital Project Manager
Senior Graphic Designer
Front End Developer
Junior Web Developer
Junior Graphic Designer
Nods from our community
- The President’s award, Denis Laframboise, Gala des PMEs, Société économique de l’Ontario, 2021
- Employer Award of Distinction Finalist, Cambrian College, 2020
- Finalist for the RelèveON Young Entrepreneur Award, 2020
- Procurement Employment Partnerships, Indigenous Business of the Year Award 2019
- WOLDA – Worldwide Logo Design Award 2019
- Influential Women of the Year Northern Ontario, Business of the Year 2018
- Finalist for the Sudbury Chamber of Commerce, Company of the 2017
- Northern Ontario Business Award, Young Entrepreneur of the Year – Jennifer Taback, 2014